Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Napoli

Hey all,

Well, I've made it to Naples. Tomorrow I am off to the top of Mount Versuvious (sp?), and to the ruins of Pompei. The day after it's Hereculeum (again sp?).

Getting a hostel today was a bit of a problem. I have been leaving the bookings until the last minute, so I couldn't find anything online. I just came here anyways, and called "Hostel the Sun" which was recommended to me by a fellow traveler. Luckily they had some room, because this is a great hostel. They have a DVD player and a collection of movies for the evening, decent computers for internet, a well equiped kitchen, a very helpful staff, and a great location.

I'm going to see some of the in-town sights here in Napoli today. I hear there are not so many, but that's OK, because there are plenty of day trips from here.

Last night in Rome we had an amazing lightning storm, and I have some gorgeous shots. I'm sure anyone who has ever tried to photograph lightning knows how difficulty it can be, and that a brute force method is almost the only way to do it. I put my camera on a lower quality so it could shoot faster, but it into sequence shot mode, and just held the shutter button down for 700 shots, while the camera was mounted on a tripod pointing at the sky. Out of 700 shots, I got about ten good ones, and only two or three fantastic shots. See below for the best of the best!

Later.


These are in their original size. Could take a while if you are on dialup.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Pascal,
AWAWAWAWAWSOME shots of the Storm.How did the rest of the scooooting go? Did the girls like it? Have fun om your daytrips and don't forget us, your Blog fans

Wed Jun 08, 11:00:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, we're blog fans now. Great storm shots. They look awsome as a background.

Wed Jun 08, 02:39:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home