Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Well, I've had a dfew days to explore Barcelona, and I've added another day. The first day here I put in about 10km of walking, covering half of the huge beach, the entire marina, then up a mountain to the Olympic stadium, across the top of the mountain to the palace, back down the front, and then across the whole city back to my hostel. I was dead tired by the end, but I got a great view and some awsome shots of the city from up there.

That evening (and every one since) I've been going to the "Travel Bar." There is always tons going on there, and as the name implies, there are lots of English speaking people. And like in every other town, I've been meeting tons of Aussies. I think they are spreading out and gearing up for a world invasion. Tonight there is a "Pub Crawl" at the bar. 15€, 4 bars, 2 clubs, food included. Should be fun.

Yesterday I spent the day at the beach with Joe (Aussie - met him in Madrid) and his friend Carie. I tried to make my T-Shirt tan less obvious, but I think that will take more than 1 trip to the beach. Oh well, the Mediteranean ocean is a tad cold, but you can get used to it pretty quick. When we weren't swimming, we were drinking vodka and apple juice. Then this morning, the Hungarians in my room checked out, and donated their bottle of Scotch Whisky to me. I'm becoming a travelling bar.

Last nigh after the bar closed, a group of people I met here and I went to find a party on the beach that we had heared was going on. When we finally got the the start of the beach (30 minute walk from the bar), we found out that the party was about 3 bays over. With another hald-hour walk ahead of us, and knowing we had to walk back again, and that is was already 3:30 AM, we decided not to go. We sat on an old mattress next to a crooked monument/building full of electrical tubes that had sparks travelling up them. We hund out there and drank for a while, just looking at the beach and the city lights, and how they reflected off of and illuminated the clouds above. Then in an act of masterful navigation, I managed to lead everyone back to the hostel through the gothic sector (tons of tiny, winding allys), saving us all quite a walk.

Well, Im off to the train station to book my ticket to Nice. I hear it's nice. (Thank you!)

Later.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice is nice. Have fun there.

Tue May 24, 10:16:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well, Im off to the train station to book my ticket to Nice. I hear it's nice."

Duh Dum Cha!

Tue May 24, 10:55:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KUdos to the nice of the nice.FUn till the end.

GEraldo

Tue May 24, 11:20:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pascal
I have been following everyone of your published events with envy. Glad to see you are having so much fun. Just so you know the weather in Nice tomorrow is going to be a balmy 20c
with the winds out of the North at 6kmh, so heading back to your room from a pub crawl should be no problem.
Take it easy and I will talk to you again soon

Wed May 25, 02:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pascal..!!!!!!! Where's the photo of the mattress.....Chris keeps me up to date on your travels..what an awesome exprience..keep up with the photos they are amazing..
Joanne

Wed May 25, 08:23:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy i have to put something else now. HAhah did you notice that i put a comment, then My dad put a comment, then my mom put a comment. YOu know my fam, that is funny. Anyway YA you should have taken a pic of that MAttress, it would have been great.

Wed May 25, 08:28:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Matress?????

Thu May 26, 02:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bow chicka wow wow.

Thu May 26, 08:26:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home