Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Some thoughts on Star Wars

Well,

I blew a ton of money drinking last night. I went out with a bunch of Canadians, and we didn´t get back to the hostel untill 6 AM. That totally screwed my day over today. I had planned to go to Tolido with some girls from the hostel, but I didn´t wake up till 2AM, at which point I was still a little drunk, quite hung over, and starving as I hadn´t eaten in over 24 hours.

So I relaxed today. I booked all my stuff, found a place to empty my digital camera, and saw Star Wars Episode III. I recommend anyone who is interested in star wars go see this movie. Don´t let the first two prequels turn you off. It is really a good movie. I was a little sceptical at first, because the movie starts off with our heros in a rescue mission. The acting seemed really bad here. All the standard Star Wars cliches and whitty comments thrown into the action sounded awful. However, after this first scene, it got better. Anakin and Padme managed to pull off their act together alright. It didn´t seem as cheesy as the "lovey-dovey" scenes from episode 2. And Anakin pulls off a decent evil act. Some of the key points that the last 2 movies have built up to (and were the reason people were interested in prequels in the first place) were pulled off amazingly. All in all, this is a great star wars movie. If only George Lucas had a little better accuracy with getting it right. 4.5 out of 6 is just not good enough...

well, the bar just opened...

PS: oh yeah. Post comments if you read. I want to see who´s all checking out the blog.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the blog, and lots of other people too. Yes everybody leave comments. George Lukas appeared in a scene with a crowd with his son. Did you see him?

Thu May 19, 08:02:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pascal I'm reading the blog and I'm glad your having so much fun. I never did Europe as a kid so now I get to do it vicariously through you. So keep havin a great time,have a beer or two for me and take care of yourself. . .all the best

Thu May 19, 10:44:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just can't seem to get the hang of this computer thing I'm the anonymous comment. Colter saw Star Wars today also said it was awesome!

Thu May 19, 10:51:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following as well, keep up the fun :)

Fri May 20, 12:13:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 3 weeks away from doing my trip over, and also following you vicariously. :p Sounds like your having a blast. I skipped most of the EP3 post though, I don't want to read any spoilers.

Fri May 20, 01:01:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY PAgo,haha old school, Benn followin gsicne the beggining. I have been working alot so i chechk it out on the waya dn a fter work. Good old crappy hours. HAHA. keep[p taking wicked pictures can't wait to see you when you ge back.


YEA!

Tue May 24, 11:14:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home