Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Florence

I got to Florence today. Everything worked out this time. No delays, no missed connections. It's a really nice town. Tomorrow I plan on seeing all of the landmarks and such, which are all packed into an easily walkable distance. The days following that I will use to see Pisa, and another small town, "The city of Towers," in the hills of Tuscany.

My hostel is pretty cool. It is located in a campground about 20 minutes by bus from the city center. While it sucks that I am far away from everything, and the doors lock at 12PM, it is a really nice place. It is amazing that one second I can be standing in the city, then a 5 minute walk up a driveway, and I am in a hilly campground. It's so beautiful up there. All the city noise completely disappears, and it is surrounded by stereotypical vinyard hills and little farm houses. I have seen surprisingly few English speaking travellers. I hope I don't get bored here. It's OK though. Tomorrow two Canadian girls I met in Venice are coming here, so they can keep me company. And for tonight, I am more than happy to get to bed early. I am dead on my feet. I went to bed at 9:00AM this morning and got up at 9:45 to catch the train. I got a few hours on the train, but still. Why did I not sleep? Well, I met another girl...

Later

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey heartbreaker. So you met a new girl and so you canĀ“t sleep in the trai? Poor Boy *G* Yes the European Girl can bee very enjoyable (you know me)!! Your Mum is right, be careful with Italien Girls, older Brothers and the FAMILY can be very dangerous....
So enjoy Italy and Greek. Eat some meat how calls "Gyros" Very tasty!!

Love Denise

Tue May 31, 11:45:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

remember we tried Gyros in PG but it is ten times better in Greece.Be nice to those girls, heartbreaker, and don't you even think of not coming back to Canada or some crazy thing like that,most of all be carefull. I am your mother it is my job to tell you that over and over even if you roll your eyes every time. Have fun

Tue May 31, 12:11:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Pascal , please go back to your last entrie. i left you a comment there that was ment to go on this page.

Tue May 31, 01:14:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn it always lists me as anonymous !!

Tue May 31, 01:17:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy PAscal just got home and i got's to go right away so I will keep it short.Wish I could go hang out with some italian girls, have fun. O and the system album is preatty sweet.

I ill try to get some time off in July later when iknow what day you for sure be back.

LAter

Tue May 31, 07:35:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home