Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Friday, May 27, 2005

Photos!

OK,

Nice is actaully pretty cool. Not much to do or see, but a nice (though rocky) beach. I think it was just the first impression of the main street under construction from top to bottom that I was posting about earlier. Here are some pics from Barcelona and Nice:

This is the "Atocha" train station in Mardid. Pretty fancy. They keep the climate tropical with misters in the ceiling. Very humid there.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The Arc de Triumph. If Paris can have one, then so can Barcelona!
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

That elephant is so stoned (they just keep getting better!)
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

One of Barcelona's many beaches. Lots of topless women here. However, with the good comes the bad; Grandmothers, anyone?
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The view from the top of the hill in the upper right corner of the picture above:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Walking further along this hill you get to the Palace. This is looking down from the palace over it's yard, if you can call it that.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is taken at the Traveler's Bar. On the far left is Joe, and Australian I've been hanging out with. To my right is Carrie, another Australian with whom I will be staying when I get to London. On the far right is someone I just met that night. I don't remember his name.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

OK, so this is us sitting ON the mattress. There is no picture OF the mattress. What is the obsession with the mattress? It was just a stupid dirty old mattress. I saw two more just like it today. And no, I didn't photograph them, either. And mother, to answer your question about what this mattress is, re-read two posts back.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

A really famous building in Barcelona. The something de familia. Still being built. It's approaching 150 years under construction. Awsome entry way, though.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I don't know why, but whoever organised the pub crawl though we should all go to this little tiny bar. It sucked. You couldn't move.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is me and Breege. Please ignore how drunk I look. I hate pictures of myself drunk. Also, keep in mind my face is a little sunburned, so it's not that red becasue of alcohol.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is the beach area in Nice. Same as barcelona, but rocks rather than sand. That is both a good and bad thing. I'm not sure which I prefer. The water is warmer here.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

More Nice. As always, I climbed the first hill I could find to take these shots.Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Sundial! And it works! Sorry, for some reason my camera didn't feel like defying the laws of optics today, and focusing on two things at once...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I like cliffy areas.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Hope you enjoyed this pics.

Later.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pascal...man I sure wish I knew you were going on this trip I would have gotten Chris to go with you instead of buying his truck...oh well..not much I can do now...thanks for the photo of the mattress..lol..that was pretty funny... the drunk photo of you with the sunburn...hmmm...you were lost man...keep up the great time...have fun you are only young once...go man...!!! Love Joanne, Marlon and Geraldo...

Fri May 27, 08:45:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pascal...man I sure wish I knew you were going on this trip I would have gotten Chris to go with you instead of buying his truck...oh well..not much I can do now...thanks for the photo of the mattress..lol..that was pretty funny... the drunk photo of you with the sunburn...hmmm...you were lost man...keep up the great time...have fun you are only young once...go man...!!! Love Joanne, Marlon and Geraldo...

Fri May 27, 08:46:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pascal. So welcome to Europe. It seems you got a lot of Fun?? Nice pictures from Barcelona and the sunburned face :-)
Have a lot of fun and see you in july. Hope for more storys and pics.

Love Denise and family

Sat May 28, 02:18:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your pictures, exept the sunburn face(ha ha sunburned my ....)
If you don't like pictures of yourself drunk ---- don't get drunk at least not that bad!!!. Breege lookes nice, not Irish though and not old enough to be a doctor.The trainstation in Barcelona lookes awsome.
I reread the post but all I could find was the you were sitting on an old matress??!?? Keep having fun,(less alcohol?!?)

Sat May 28, 11:08:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home