Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Friday, June 17, 2005

Loving Ios

Wow! This island is amazing. Sorry, I won't be able to post any pictures. Internet here is slower than our old 28.8k dialup. However, the island is amazing.

Prices are sooooooooooo low. I am staying in a beach front resort with two pools, two waterslides (real tube ones), and a beach. You'd think that would be expensive. No. I am paying E5.00 per night! That is the cheapest place I have ever seen! To put that in perspective, I have spent E5.00 on food and beer today, and can go out tonight with a E20.00 bill and still be E10.00 under my budget! This is going to be great. I don't ever want to leave! To my family, think Mexico. This rocks.

The beds are quite unique as well. I am in a "bed tent." It is two wooden A-frames, but with the roof made of thick canvas. It has a lockable door so my stuff is safe, I have it all to myself, and it costs next to nothing. I've been hanging out by the pool all day and I've got a wicked tan going on. It's friday night, and there's a lot of cheap clubs here, so I'm going to party hard today.

Here's something crazy: on this campground are three guys I met a month ago in Madrid, and three girls I met three weeks ago in Nice! What are the odds. We've all taken completely different routes, and ended up on the same island (of 166) in the same resort (of many) at the same time! That's just too much! And to top it off, the guy in my hostel in Athens was from Barcelona! Wow! I never expected this. I knew I would run into people again, but this...

Anyways, I have to go. Net time is running out.

Later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pascal, party, party, party eh! It is amazing how small the world is sometimes. I am glad you are meeting lots of people. You are still going to meet us in Germany right?!?! We are off now to your school to accept your award. Keep having fun.
To Geraldo I hope you read this. Can you take time off at the beginning of August.? We are having a good by party for Pascal and Tawnie second Weekend in August with their friends.Hope you can come

Fri Jun 17, 11:21:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy HEy Pascal. SOunds great, it must be awsome to see the same people and have some fun. That resort or hostel sounds pretty cool, especially for the price. Hopefully you were able to get some pictures that you can post later.
Anyway i will talk to you later, have fun.

OH and ya I will geet some time off in August Jutta. Just give me a sure date and i will book it. I will give you a call later on and i can tlak ot you, bye for now.

Sun Jun 19, 10:32:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home