Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Monday, June 13, 2005

36 hour travel day

A book? You guys are crazy. It may be interesting to you because you know me, but I seriously doubt anybody would care about my trip to europe. The blog will always be there, and anyone who cares can come take a look.

Well, my Italy trip is officially over. And it took 36 long hours of travel to get to Greece, but I'm here, and well fed on a gyro, so I'm happy. To get from Italy to Greece, I got up at 7:00 AM in Naples. After much confusion at the train station (apparantly my train didn't exist... later in the day I spoke to someone who took it!) I made it to Bari. I had to kill several hours in Bari, but that was fine since I had met a group of Irish travellers who have been quite fun to hang out with. We got on the ferry to Greece at 5:00 pm, had to wait for it to leave at 8:00 pm, and arrived in Greece (after sleeping on chairs) at noon the next day. Then, as if we hadn't travelled enough already, it was another 4.5 hour train trip to Athens, after waiting for three hours in Patras for the train. We arrived in Greece at 7:00 pm, 36 hours after leaving Naples. It was fun though. We had a blast on the boat. When it was dark, and most of the crew had gone to bed, we went on the deck and jumped into the (empty) pool. The net over the pool was stretched right to the bottom by morning time. Then we headed to teh forbidden third deck, and hung out by the radar equipment until they told us to leave. Good fun. Plus, the duty free shop on the boat sold cheap Ouzo. I got a "40" for E6.10.

Tomorrow we are going to hang out on the beach all day. By we, I men myself and the group of Irish travellers. They are pretty much going exactly my way, so I will be travelling with them for quite a while, most likely.

Thats about all there is for now. Soon I will do a photo post, but I have had incredible troubles finding a CD burner.

Later.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, welcome to greece.Here is my greek vocabulary. I don't know how to spell it so I write it the way you say it. efkaristo means danke ( thank you), jammas means Prost(cheers) and kalinichta means gute Nacht(good night) that should be all you need anyway.Gyros is good, Souvlaki is good,heck everything in Greece is good.Have fun and say hi to the Irish.

Mon Jun 13, 01:18:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tomorrow we are going to hang out on the beach all day. By we, I men myself"


All you need is a couple commas in that to make it

Tomorrow we are going to hang out on the beach all day. By we, I, men, myself.

Get it? It's a really terrible sentence but the first time I read that I read that you were going to the beach with a bunch of men.

Mon Jun 13, 07:59:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D

Mon Jun 13, 07:59:00 PM

 
Blogger Pascal said...

yes, Ryan, I made a typo

Wed Jun 15, 09:28:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was pretty funny

Wed Jun 15, 10:43:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home