Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Holy Flaming Lambourghinis Batman!

Last night was nuts. I love this place.

The evening started off with the largest and most complete meal I've had since I left. For a mear E6.00 I got a BBQ pork meal. They piled the plate high with fries, squeezed in a healthy portion of salad, then threw the biggest hunk of (very delicious) porkchop on top. Then they give you a 500ml beer! I was so happy.

After that they play the daily bootlegged movie. They have a large projection screen, and they played Star Wars Episode III. Tonight they are playing Sin City! Those are both still in theaters. They are quite obviously just downloaded from the internet, but it's great!

After dinner and a movie, I went to a bungalow party with the guys from Madrid. I drank a disgustingly large amount of Ouzo before I headed to a nice little bar called Rehab. At Rehab (it's made to look like a hospital) the waitresses dress in those sexy old-school nurse uniforms, and the booze is cheap. I had what is called a flaming lambourghini. Let me describe...

It starts with a giant glass. They fill this glass with two shots worth of liquor of two seperate types. Don't ask me what's in it, I don't know. But they are stronger, and not sweet.

Next, they put down two shot glasses. Those also get filled, this time with a sweeter liquor, less strong.

Then they give you a straw and tell you to get ready. They light the big cup on fire and tell you to go. As you are about halfway through drinking this flaming drink, they pour in the other two shots, and you don't stop until they are all gone.

It's fantastic. It goes down so easy, like a single shot. It tastes great. The strong liquor is easy to drink becasue the fire a) burns off some alcohol and b) makes it taste warm and better. Then when the sweet stuff gets added, the taste completely changes. It's great.

Then to top it off, when you are finished they give you a bottle of beer! All this for five euros! I was completely plasterd. I danced until 3:00 AM, then stumbled out to find a cab, which is dirt cheap here.

I woke up still drunk and very unenthusiastic about the concept of standing.

This place rocks.

Later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

son,get of this island before your liver collapses. Go visit some Monestary, there is lots in greece, the drink sounds good,if you only have 1or2 but you were already drunk when you started!!!! Have fun but drink less.

Sat Jun 18, 02:16:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAa, that is great. I wish i had a flaming lambourgini. I wil have to go on a hunt. MAn the more you talk about the place the more i want to go just there. I guess i could see how tose drinks could be dangerous, a lot of booze the can be finisehd in a short amount of time. HAHA anyway talk to you later.

HEy you should find out what they are made of and we can have them whenyou get back. Talk to you later.

Sun Jun 19, 10:38:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one of those drinks...


Glad your having fun.....but your going to need apart of someones liver when you get back....its a good thing that science is so far a head hmmm....

Mon Jun 20, 04:45:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home