Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Prague Prag Praha


EDIT: NEWS UPDATE

Hi guys. I'm adding this about 4 hours after the original posting of this update.

Our room in the hostel got robbed! When I went to the room a little while ago, everyone's bags were messed up. Clothes everywhere, pockets open, etc. They sliced into my daybad with my switchblade since it had locks. They stole my MP3 player, one of my camera batteries (wtf?), and my switchblade. Someone else had some cash, a camera, a memory card, and a cell phone stolen.

We have a suspect but we are not sure what to think. He showed up in the room this morning on his own (usually reception leads you to the room). He was last in the room when we all left. When we asked reception, the guy had checked in without a passport, which was in his main bag in a locker at the train station. It had to be a guest, since they re-locekd the door behind themselves. We would think it was this guy for sure, but you would think the guy would leave if he had stolen things. However, we found him hanging around here, and he didn't seem at all worried. If he doesn't show up to sleep in his bed tonight we will know for sure, but that also means he will be gone with our stuff. The no passport and bag at the train station is pretty suspicious though...

Oh well. Here I had thought I had made it through Europe crime free, and on the last day...

Oh well, resume post.



Many names for the same place.

Prague is a very nice town. I can see why people like it so much. I've already extended my stay by an extra day! My first day here was kind of crap, since it rained so I had no urge to go sightseeing. I found an internet cafe and video MSN'd my family for several hours. Unfortunately, when I got back to the hostel, it was too late and all the people had already gone out to party, so I was stuck by my self.

I "czech"ed (thank you) out a bar right here by the hostel. It's a really cool place. On first sight, it just seems like this tiny little place with a few tables and a simple bar. When you find the stair case in the back however, it gets more interesting. Go down one flight, and you are in a cave/celler thing with fooseball tables and slot machines. From there you can find several flights of stairs and some tunnels. Follow any of these to find further, deeper rooms. As you go deeper you will find more bars, and more entertainment. The place just seems to keep going! Every room have another stair case connecting to another celler. It is definately unique, and the prices are right. When you convert to Canadian dollars, a large beer costs about $1.50. Still, since I was by myself and I found no english speaking people, I left. I headed back to the room, read for a while, and try to go to sleep. Enter the Scottsmen...

Never has anyone entered a hostel so loudly. They all come barging in yelling and screaming. They played hockey, they jumped around, they laughed and made jokes... all at 2:00 AM. Not only did they wake up everyone in the dorm, but also the next dorm. This continued until 5:00 AM! It wasn't that bad though. At first I was a bit annoyed, but they really were funny, and I had nothing better to do. I decided the best policy would be to join them.

So the next day, I went out with them. If you've ever seen Robin Williams Live on Broadway, the part where he makes fun of how the Scotts talk is absolutely true. They usually slow down when they talk to you, but amongst each other, it's like a different language. We had an absolute riot. We went to this AMAZING live jazz club. Everyone left with a CD, becasue the band was just so great. If you ever see "Blues Wave" playing somewhere, go in! After that, we headed back to the cave bar, which was much more fun this time. Apparantly I rock at fooseball, though some of you back home may disagree.

When we got back to the hostel, we repeated the last night. We just talked shit and laughed till 5:00 AM, and got a lot of dirty looks this morning. We actually went around handing out earplugs to people, appologizing! During the course of the night, one by one, every other hostel guest in the building came in, asking us to please keep it down. We kept 15 people up from 2:00 to 5:00 AM. We justify this by saying it is Saturday night in Prague, you are supposed to act this way. I think the best part was when Absinth Amy came (we all had nicknames. Pappy Pascal. Gorgeous Gay Greg. Yummy Yasmin. etc, etc.). Absinth Amy is the most spaced out, blonde texan girl you have ever met. Think Louanne (sp?) from King of the Hill tims two!!! The things she said! I can't even think of examples, but we were in tears. She was the source of our entertainment all night long. We flat out laughed at how stupid she was, and she never realised it. This morning she was being all friendly to us. And it's not that she's trying to be our friend or something. She flat out doesn't realise we were laughing AT her, and NOT WITH her.

There is a white stripes concert tonight, but I don't think we can go. The tickets are too expensive. I don't even know why I mentioned that then. Oh well.

The town is nice too. Lots of towers and cool buildings. Unfortunately it was very overcast, so the pics aren't that nice. I will try to post some soon, but I have to go. People are waiting for the PC, and I've been on for a while.

Later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerk. I think you should break his knee caps just to be on the safe side.

Sun Jul 03, 12:53:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WEll, I thinki am going to go with Tawnie on this one, BREAK HIS KNEES! OTher then that though Prague sounds pretty cool. That celler bar sounds danm fun, wish i could go there. HAHA Scottish people crack me up. OH and I guess you have been trained up in foosball danm good, haha that is great. WEll I better get going so will talk to you later, say hi to your parents when you see them.

Mon Jul 04, 01:28:00 PM

 
Blogger Pascal said...

well, obviously I will say hi to my parebts. I guess you meant for you :-)

Tue Jul 05, 04:28:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home