Updates every few days on my backpacking tour of Europe, pictures included!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

*Victorious Trumpets*

Haha, finally, the long awaited, 47 picture long PHOTO BLOG, complete with captions!

Woohoo.

To quote someone very 'magnificent': "and there was much rejoicing"

And I spent a whole $0.01 US per picture to have these batch uploaded rather than spending hours doing them one by one. Because I love you all THAAAAAAAAT much. All combined, you are worth 47 cents to me.

Enjoy!

(They are in reverse chronological order)

"Chain Bridge" in Budapest



Part of a free castle that belongs to a museum complex



Again, the castle



One of the main bridges here in Budapest. Marked on one end by a cool statue. See next pic.



The statue...



Another statue, from the top of the hill (same hill as last pic, but much further up)



Another bridge. I like bridges. They're perdy



This is the statue area as seen from below (on the white bridge)



This is the museum complex that contains the caslte. Last pic of Budapest. Next is Bucarest, Romania.



Would you change your money here? I'd be afraid of what happens when I hand over the money...



A neat church in Bucarest



The view of the large admin building from the Boulevard made by demolishing city. See previous blog entry for more info.



Same place, but now on the public address balcony from the admin building. HUGE street, immagine it full of buildings then plowed down...



One of the halls inside. It's hard to get a sense of the size in a pic.



Admin building again.



A beautiful town between Sofia, Bulgaria and Bucarest, Romania. Easter europe is covered in beautiful countryside like this. Wish I wasn't on a night train.



This little church in Sofia is preserved, but has been built around.



This building is probably important. I don't know what it does, but maybe I will decorate my house this way some day. Then people will take pictures of it and post them online.



Still Sofia. I'm sure this statue means something. Looks very communist... Don't know if it symbolises revolution, or was actually built during communist rule.



Domes



Church



Now we are on IOS!!! I <3 IOS!!!



This is a bed tent. Wooden frame, canvas top, two beds, bring your own sheet, E5.00 per night. Good deal.



Far Out camping village. Yay!



Same place. Yay!



My village of tents. Mine is in back, hidden from prying eyes.



Now in Athens. The front building IS NOT the acropolis. The one in the background is. Good shot though. I got the idea from a post card. The stupid guy in the blue shirt just had to walk around teh corner though.



This IS the acropolis. Very "under construction"-ey



These are the Irish guys I met on the way to Athens, and now just re-met in Budapest! The world is SOOOOOOOO small. From the left, Sarah-jane, PASCAL!!!!!!, Caroline, Paul, Andy.



Some other monument we never went to, but saw from high up.



Acropolis



Cool hill, I have many pictures of it. It is the breast of Athens.



Acropolis Now. (who got it?)



Ruins



More of them. Down with buildings.



This is now Naples. It is NOT ugly like many may tell you. Take a look. I have many more nice shots. This is a church, by the way



Shopping alley with cool plants



A nice "piazza"



Old 'Suvious



I wanted to go in, but they wanted money.



Now in ROME. This buildign is not really important. Michaelangelo built it, but it's not really famous. I missed most famous things in Rome. I was too busy getting lost on my scooter.



Somewhat blurry shot (looked better on cam) of St Peters in the Vatican. Sorry for the low res of this pic. I let the "Windows XP publishing Wizard" upload these, and it resized them dumbly.



Outside of the Vatican. Popeish



Another random building. Someone said something about games, I dunno. I figured I'd take a picture because I though it looked pretty cool, and I don't think anyone's ever seen it before.



Some hall when the sun broke... I mean set.



The area around the Coloseum (That's what they called that bulding, now I remember).



It's late I'm tired, and that took a LONG time. Must get up in 4.5 hours for train goodness. Can you tell my tiredness from my somewhat out-of-character captions? BYE!

Later!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsome pictures thank you. You were sarcastic about the colloseum were you ? I wasn't sure but Marcel thought so???????? What the heck does 1337 pwened mean?????

Sun Jun 26, 02:56:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, awsome shot of the colloseum by the way, I don't think I have seen onre that great of it.

Sun Jun 26, 02:56:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEy hey, There is some awsome pic's in there, Kudos. sorry, took longer then i thought to look at all the pic's.I will drop line later on tonight.

P.S. I should rememberd to get you ask dome younger kids about Chris madill who played for red hot when you were in Naples. (remeber when he was famous, haha). Talk to ya later.

Sun Jun 26, 02:59:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stupid typing quickly!

Sun Jun 26, 03:01:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home